The Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) have developed the Working safely 1 day course for people at any level, in any sector, needing a grounding in the essentials of health and safety. The training course covers all of the health and safety basics, plus environmental issues.
Assessment is via written and practical tests included in the day’s training, with proof of learning achievement through either an IOSH certificate or credit card-sized working safely ‘passport’ card.
Following successful completion of this course candidates will be able to:
- Understand why it’s important to work safety and the effects it will have if they fail to do so
- Identify risks and hazards and the importance of risk assessments
- Assist in the preparation of risk assessments
- Appreciate the importance of a health & safety management system
- Understaned safety signs and signals
- Report accidents and incidents
- Appreciate the affects of environmental management and how individuals can minimise pollution and waste
This qualification will cover the following topics:
- Introducing working safely
- Defining hazard and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
- Protecting our environment
Delegates will be assessed via written and practical assessments. Sucessful candidates will be awarded with an IOSH Working safely certificate.
Who should attend?
This IOSH training course is aimed at employees who have had little or no training on health and safety and those wanting to improve best practice in the workplace.
Many people that study the IOSH Managing Safely qualification go on to study for a NEBOSH Certificate (General, International, Construction and/or Fire Certificates).
IOSH – Institute of Occupational Safety and Health.